This is now a reality, with the first round of export duties being imposed on scrap metal in 2021.
Currently a similar tax is being considered for chrome and will most likely be followed by more of these duties going forward.
Export duties are now part of our tax policy framework and we have been involved with the process since its inception.
Export duties are not simply a mirror image of import duties and our webinar will deal with the following:
- Introduction to export taxes
- The WTO framework for export taxes
- SA and SACU’s legal framework for export taxes
- Export duties and our trade agreement obligations
- South Africa’s policy thinking behind export taxes
- What your business should be doing about export taxes