With increased awareness of the dangers of global warming, and governments stepping up their penalties for energy consumption and their rewards for energy savings, Cova Advisory is ideally placed to help companies to understand the challenges and to reap the rewards of going green. Many clients are initially unaware of the scale of benefits which can be derived from greater energy awareness, and the doors which can slam shut if they do not take the issue seriously.
In South Africa, there is a trend to link State fiscal incentives to energy efficiency requirements. Companies which seek to unlock money from Government must demonstrate what they are doing to improve energy efficiency, and to reduce energy consumption. In addition various enviromental taxes are being implemented eg: electricity levy, carbon tax and waste levies.
Cova Advisory is one of only a handful of inspection bodies authorised by the South African National
Accreditation System (SANAS) to measure and verify energy savings. Our team has certified profes-
sionals to do this inspection work in Energy Measurement and Verification (M&V).
OUR SERVICE OFFERING INCLUDES:
- Assisting various companies that are looking to obtain fiscal incentives - such as those offered under
- Section 12I and 12L of the Income Tax Act.
- Follow-up assessment once the approved project is up and running, to help quantify how well a client has met the requirements and to calculate actual amount of energy saved.
- Development of energy management plans.
- Policy advisory service on energy efficiency and energy management to Government and business associations.
- Advising on enviromental taxes.